Change in Monday Meeting Frequency:
For January through April 2018, the Monday Night Support will meet twice a month on the second and fourth Monday’s of the month. The group will resume meeting weekly on May 7, 2018 There is no Monday Night meeting on Monday, December 25, 2017.
Gay, Bisexual, Questioning Group – Monday evenings
The GBQ group is specifically for men who identify as gay, bisexual, or who are questioning their sexual orientation, including transgendered men who identify similarly. The purpose of this group is to provide a safe and supportive setting to share experiences and concerns. In addition to providing personal support, the group will be an opportunity for creating and strengthening local networks.
WHEN: For May through December group will meet weekly on Mondays from 7:00 – 9:00PM. For January through April group will meet on the second and fourth Monday of the month from 7:00 – 9:00PM. Please arrive early as church doors will close around 7:05PM.
WHERE: Edwards Church, 297 Main Street in Northampton, MA. Use the rear entrance off of State Street. There is parking along State Street and in the parking lot across from the Fly by Night furniture store.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure safety and confidentiality in our support groups, no one is admitted once the group has begun. Please be sure to arrive early to assure your attendance.
What does the GBQ group provide?
- A safe space to be “out” with similar men
- Social connection to break out of isolation
- Support when “coming out”
- A “chosen family” if you are estranged from your family or have no biological family nearby
- A community after the loss of a partner, relationship, or friends
- Inexpensive, accessible, comfortable opportunities to share, get support, and be engaged with other GBQ men